PARA VOCÊ ENCONTRAR O QUE ESTÁ PROCURANDO

quinta-feira, 17 de maio de 2012

"Pete The Chop": a primeira versão de "Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop)"

The Edge, para a edição remasterizada de War, 2008: "Estilisticamente bastante diferente de qualquer outra coisa do álbum 'Boy', para grande aborrecimento de nossa gravadora, "Pete The Chop" foi preterida quando escolhemos as canções para gravar o álbum. A partir daí, em intervalos regulares, teríamos aqui a mesma pergunta da Island Records: "O que aconteceu com Pete The Chop? (Whatever happened to Pete The Chop?).
Por que nós adicionamos "Treasure" ao título eu não tenho idéia, talvez tenha sido para proteger "Pete The Chop" da resultante e potencial catástrofe pessoal com atenção da mídia."


"Pete The Chop" é uma canção da época do álbum 'Boy', como declarou Edge. Ela foi reescrita em 1983, teve o título prolongado para "Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop)", e lançada como Lado B no single de "New Year's Day".
Um áudio raro (e único) do U2 tocando a primeira versão "Pete The Chop" em 1980 no National Stadium:



I read the stars in your eyes
Look me back and no surprise
I can hardly break down
My heart's in the clouds
You know you know I know you know
I was shimmering for a time
You know I know it should be better
I just take it
A moving star sings with power
Won't you take the early star
I could follow my nose where
I know how your garden grows
I know you know, you know they show
I pray like you would be so
I know I know, I need to know
Pete the Chop won't be stopped
Pete the Chop, please don't stop
Pete the Chop, he's gone in strong
Pete the Chop, his love is gone
Beat the chimes in your eyes
On condition you will fly
I've got a feeling of you
Don't wanna break it, take it
Pete the Chop, listen sharp
Pete the Chop can't seem to stop
Pete the Chop lives on top
Pete the Chop, now your started
The Chop, places to go and
Now, your's is to know it
Pete the Chop, your's is to know it
Pete the Chop, your's is to know it
Please don't, your shirt for dessert, don't mind me
Pete the Chop, you go
Got me down, got me chopped, got me chopped
Pete the Chop please don't stop
Comentários
0 Comentários

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...